Recent Posts

infinity

Rats. Yes yes!

After what probably accounts as too many hours of playing total war warhammer 2 and the hilariousness of knowing that skaven are the first race of the warhammer world to make it into space, (cosmonaut rats, yes yes!!). I decided to strip the paint of my very very old skaven army, buy me some new toys and start a new skaven army combining old and new models.

I'm not really sure if I will play Age of Sigmar but I'm pretty sure I want to have this little guys on a special place on my shelf.

Plague censer bearers and a Poison Wind Globadier
One of the first things I had to learn is how to properly paint corrosion effects on metallic weapons as I don't usually paint with metallic paints.

I bought me a Veer-Myn Brood Mother from Mantic to act as my Arch-Warplock engineer. It's a miniature clad in metal where i could practice some of the techniques.





I then went right into painting the good old ratlings. I decided to use a purplish grey as my army main color while giving distinct robes to certain clans. Skryre troops use petrol blue while Pestilens use the classic green.



These are some gutter runners I test painted before I got the hand of how to paint the rusty weapons and surely will need to revisit soon.



I already started assembling my new boxes of Stormvermin and Pestilens, but what I'm most looking forward are the Stormfiends. Can't wait to land my hands on the big boys.

No comments