Recent Posts

infinity

Imperial Japanese Navy - Skytrex

I do paint more than chibis.
Since I ended university I was fascinated by the pacific theater of WWII and the beautiful planes and legendary ships that took part on those battles.

Last year I decided to invest a bit and now I own 2 fairly large WWII surface fleets from Skytrex models: One USS Fleet and one IJN for my Pacific wargames.

I used to play Victory at Sea, but recently I turned to the easier ruleset of WWII: All at Sea witch produces fairly good surface action battle and still has usable air combat rules.

The following pictures are a sample of my painted IJN Fleet so far.
This accounts for roughly 60% of my total naval IJN ships, but the others are waiting for their turn on the painting queue.



The legendary IJN Yamato and her sister IJN Musashi
I love painting ships, is fast and easy and the results are pretty satisfying.
I usually look for the online for the camo patterns used on the time and try to reproduce them. IJN fleets didn't have much camouflage compared to the USS but still had some magnificent ships like the Zuikaku with their mindblowing green camouflage.

Carriers IJN Shokaku and IJN Zuikaku
Hei-Gata Subs
Akitsuki and Shimakaze Destroyers
IJN Kongo and IJN Mutsu

IJN Yamashiro and IJN Fuso

IJN Ise and IJN Mogami after their carrier conversion.
Cruisers Tone, Takao and Chikuma

2 comments:

  1. They look nice Gravitypool. It's a good fleet. Are they all Skytrex? There's quite a difference in the detail between say Yamato and Kongo. Did you add any details? (Superdetailing is an aspect of the hobby I find just about as enjoyable as painting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not add details on those they were just filed and painted. They have various Yamato sculpts if i recall correctly, the one i got is one of the newest so it has more detail than older models. They have some sculpt remakes from the most popular older models.

      Delete